Sunday, June 5, 2011

Blueberry Lemonade

When I first started blogging I thought it would be great to have a place to share the things I liked and maybe people would read or maybe not. And maybe I would post regularly but there was not stress because it was for my own entertainment. Well I have since grown up and realize that if you're going to do anything at all, do it right and well. So with that I give you:

Blueberry Lemonade


The Syrup

1 pint Blueberries
1 cup sugar
3 cups Water

Combine in a saucepan over medium/low heat for about an hour until reduced by half. Strain and cool. You should yield 2c syrup.

Lemonade

3/4 cup Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
1 cup Sugar
7 cups Water

Mix until sugar dissolves then add 1 cup of blueberry syrup stir again. Bottle it up.



Serve over ice or chilled or over an shot of one of the following
1. Bourbon
2. Vodka
3. White Rum
4. Red Wine and Tonic. I know, sounds crazy, but..........,

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment